Racquet Club Garden Villas
For sale at the Racquet Club Cottages West in Palm Springs, CA
The Racquet Club Cottages West, formally known as the Racquet Club Garden Villas and originally part of the famous Racquet Club, was designed by the mid-century architect William Cody who implemented his own signature design of post and beam structure with floor to ceiling glass walls. The construction of the Racquet Club Garden Villas began in 1959, led by builder Paul Trousdale. The landscaped design is by Philip A. Shipley, a landscape architect to celebrities such as Walt Disney, Frank Sinatra and Steven Spielberg. The community offers amazing views, one of the most beautiful pool in Palm Springs, and fabulous plantings, including a babbling brook. On November 20, 2013, the Racquet Club Garden Villas received the Palm Springs Historic District Designation, giving it the benefits of the Mills Act. The monthly HOA fees include water, trash, roofs, landscape and pool/spa maintenance. There is a 14 day rental minimum at the Racquet Club Garden Villas.