‘Tis the season to be jolly… and to share the joy.
This joyous season is a wonderful time to share holiday joy with family and friends. It is also a great time to share that joy with those in need. And, timing is great because Tuesday, November 30th is #GivingTuesday. A non-profit called GivingTuesday.org set aside the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving to encourage people around the world to do good to help transform their communities and the world.
But the giving doesn’t have to end on that Tuesday. There are many ways to do good right here in the Coachella Valley now and on an ongoing basis. Here are just a few organizations you can support to help others during this Holiday Season:
• Coachella Valley Rescue Mission in Indio supports hungry and homeless neighbors by providing an entire Christmas dinner to those without. A contribution of just over $15 will feed eight people for Christmas dinner. Go to CVRM.org to help.
• FIND Food Bank, the region’s emergency disaster response food bank, is the area’s first line of defense against hunger. It is one of the 200 Feeding America network food banks in the United States. You can support their efforts at FINDfoodbank.org.
• Martha’s Village & Kitchen, one of the largest providers of homeless services in the Coachella Valley and Riverside County, offers life-changing programs to break the cycle of homelessness. For Giving Tuesday, all donations up to $15,000 will be matched by their generous supporters. To help, go to Marthas Village Giving Tuesday.
• In support of our furry friends, the Friends of the Palm Springs Animal Shelter has set up this special donation page. Every contribution supports their on-going efforts finding every homeless pet a loving, forever home. For more information about the shelter, go to psanimalshelter.org.
• If you have belongings you do not know what to do with, please consider donating them to Revivals in Palm Springs. Revivals Stores donate 100% of its profits, over $1 million a year to support comprehensive medical and mental healthcare at DAP Health. You can visit Revivals Store to learn more.